Improving Physical Education in primary schools across the South East
National Curriculum Gymnastics and Dance Specialist
Active school work to the national curriculum to develop movement, coordination and competition skills within pupils as they transition through Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
Through gymnastics and dance, pupils will increase flexibility, strength, technique, control and balance, as well as explore a range of movement patterns.
We can either carry out lessons for the pupils, work with NQTs, or providing training and consultancy to staff members.
Active School can work with you in a number of different ways
What support can Active School offer you?
- Qualified Physical Education lessons covering all aspects of PE
- Quality assured planned lessons
- Regular pupil assessment shared with class teacher and stored on school database
- Report writing and attendance at Parent’s Evening
- Sports Day preparation and delivery
How can Active School upskill your staff?
- Observe, debrief and target areas for staff development
- Work with individual staff to upskill in areas they’re lacking in confidence (including dance and gymnastics)
- Deliver sessions in a practical way to explore use of available space
- Supply resources for the relevant topic being delivered
- CPD in multiple areas including Dance and Gymnastics