Active School can act as your Physical Education teacher training consultancy. We can do this in a number of different ways to suit you and upskill your staff. A full programme can be arranged for individual staff members, or twilight sessions can be arranged for team training and CPD.
An example programme can be seen below, but alternative courses can be discussed to suit each individual school.
- Work with individual staff including NQTs on a one off, weekly or termly basis to help upskill staff in areas they feel less confident (Dance and gymnastics are the most popular)
- Staff will be observed, debriefed and a target area will be identified for development
- Exemplar lessons would be given with lesson plans, resources and teacher discussion at the end
- Team taught lessons would continue over the next 2 lessons
- Teacher taught lesson at the end if necessary
- Sessions can be delivered in a practical way to give staff ideas of working in a practical space
- Resources can be given on the relevant topic being delivered
- Equipment suggestions will be given to maximise pupils’ physical activity and learning
- Areas that can be delivered for Key Stage 1 and 2:
- Net/wall & Striking/fielding