Active School can support your school in a multitude of ways. We are happy to work in most capacities that can help improve Physical Education in primary schools.
In 3-tier systems, we can also upskill older pupils in PE leadership, by offering training sessions to leadership groups or whole classes.
- Sports Day Planning and Delivery, including training Key Stage 2 to lead on Key Stage 1 events
- One off day sessions focusing on a specific area, such as Dance; delivered as 1 hour slots to 5 individual classes with their teacher
- Assistance in completing whole school PE Development Plan
- Working with and guiding the PE Co-ordinator
- Looking at and guiding on lesson plans/units of work or curriculum mapping, to ensure breadth and depth is achieved for all pupils throughout the school
- School Games Mark Award guidance and completion
- Intra-school competitions organised and run at the end of each term
- Guidance in the use of Sports Premium Funding
- Organisation of Sports Crews (as part of the School Games Mark)
- Setting up and training on Change4Life clubs
- Assisting with applying for grants
Whole School Leadership Training
- How to be a good leader? Why we need Leaders?
- Ideas of games to offer Key Stage 1
- How to plan and structure a game
- How to utilise space and equipment efficiently
- Planning their own games on Leadership frameworks
- Explanation of the whole school structure